DuséJean-Noël DUSÉ


BornDec 15, 1948
Nantua, FRANCE
Age75 years old
Size1.85 m
Champion de France D2 (1983 avec Rennes)
Jean-Noël Dusé was a goalkeeper who was developed at Grenoble, and started his professional career in 1966. He finally got his first start in his second season, going on to make over 130 appearances for Grenoble in the French Second Division. In 1971, he was spotted by Lille, who game him an opportunity to play in the First Division, but he was unable to prevent the Northern French club from being relegated at the end of the following season. In 1974, he picked up a Division 2 Champions medal with Lille and shone the following year back in the top flight, keeping a clean sheet in each of the first six home games of the season. Having spent five years in the North of France, of which three were spent in the First Division, he joined Quimper in 1976, where he would play for two seasons. In 1978, he moved onto Tours where he would remain until 1981, the first two seasons in the Second Division, and the last one in the First Division, having finished runners-up in the Second Division the previous season. After his spell with Tours, he would sign for Stade Rennais in 1981, where he would play for two seasons, crowned by a Division 2 champions' medal in 1983. Alas for him, the return of Pierrick Hiard to the club meant that Dusé would never get to play a First Division game for Rennes, and he was released. After his spell in Brittany, he travelled South to join Limoges, another side in the Second Division at the time, and he would go on to spend three seasons there. He would end his playing days at Béziers in 1987. In total, he racked up over 120 apperances in the First Division, and over 480 matches in the Second Division over the course of his career. In 1988, he began his managerial career with Lille, where he took over one of the Youth Teams at the club until 1992. He then spent two seasons as the goalkeeper coach with Saint Etienne, before returning to Lille to take over the running of the Academy until 2001, and then became goalkeeping coach to the first team until 2007.